NOTE: The electronic approval process can take up to 3-5 business days to complete. Students are strongly encouraged to submit all required paperwork accurately at least a week in advance of the desired start date to prevent approval delays.
First, obtain required documents BEFORE completing the online UH CO-OP Application and emailing UH CO-OP office:
- Job Offer: Student receives and accepts a job offer through an official job offer letter. The offer letter must contain all requirements as outlined in the Offer Letter Requirements.
- Academic Advisor Form: Student works directly with their college Academic Advisor to obtain all required signatures on the Academic Advisor Support Form. Advisors verify all UH CO-OP requirements are met as outlined in the UH CO-OP Intern Requirements. This includes verifying a student’s good academic standing in the college and the required offer letter details.
- Other Student Documents: resume and recent unofficial transcript.
Second, complete the online UH CO-OP Application and email all required documents as ONE PDF file to the UH CO-OP office:
- After verifying all requirements are met and all forms are accurately completed, the student scans all documents into ONE PDF FILE. (Apps like Cam Scanner and iPhone Notes allow documents to be easily scanned and emailed as one attachment).
One PDF FILE includes:
- Offer Letter,
- Unofficial Transcript,
- Resume, and
- Signed and completed Academic Advisor Support Form.
- Student emails all required paperwork as ONE PDF document to ecareers [at] central.uh.edu for UH CO-OP approval. *Failure to properly review all requirements and submit documents accurately may delay the approval process.
- Student completes the online UH CO-OP Application.
- Once the ONE PDF FILE and UH CO-OP Application are received from the student applicant, the UH CO-OP team will review the student’s major GPA requirements, university holds, and the required application document.
- After review, a CO-OP team member will contact the student to complete the process for course enrollment and final application approval.
With over 200-300 students applying to our program each semester, we thank our student applicants in advance for their continued patience while we process each application.
If you have any questions after reading the instructions, please reach out to our team at ecareers [at] central.uh.edu or join the UH CO-OP office hours on Microsoft TEAMS.