Thank you for supporting UH Engineering Coogs! Stay up-to-date with the University’s response to COVID-19.
Please note: This Spring 2022, we will be a hybrid format, incorporating in-person recruiting events and activities as well as virtual opportunities. Contact us at ecareers [at] central.uh.edu to learn more about virtual student engagement opportunities.
The Engineering Career Center provides employers several ways to connect with students to meet recruiting and hiring needs:
- eCONNECTION: a career management system powered by Symplicity, designed to facilitate career center | student | employer engagement. Request info sessions, register to participate in career fairs; learn about upcoming events, post internships/co-ops/full-time job opportunities, and much more!
- Co-Operative (CO-OP) Education: a program that enables UH Engineering students to receive career training with pay as they work with professionals in their field of study.
- Internships: offer paid or unpaid opportunities for UH Engineering students to gain real-world experience by applying academic experience to professional projects in a supervised environment. Post your internships in eCONNECTION today!
- Information Sessions/Workshops: request a virtual information session in eCONNECTION. Our team will connect you with an engineering student organization to assist you in marketing your event to Engineering Coogs!
On Campus Recruitment (OCR)
The Engineering Career Center offers true flexibility with On Campus Recruiting. Log into eCONNECTION to get started!
OCR offers employers the opportunity to connect and interview engineering students one-on-one for co-op, internship and full-time positions.
- Request an OCR Schedule via eCONNECTION
- Create a new job posting and/or attach an existing position to the OCR Schedule
- Review and invite engineering student applicants to interview via the Applications tab
- Review all current scheduled interviews through the Interviews tab
- Meet with your candidates on your approved OCR date
On-Campus Recruiting Options
- None - Room Reservation Only: Employers that prefer to schedule their own interviews, not utilizing eCONNECTION, can reserve an interview room. Employer is responsible for contacting and scheduling interview times directly with selected candidates.
- Preselect: Once job posting is approved and the closing date has passed, employers can review and make candidate selections. Once the desired selections are made and the employer select date ends, students are notified that they have been selected for an interview and are able to log into eCONNECTION to choose an available interview timeslot. Important: A 6 week time period is automatically provided from the desired recruitment date for preselections to be finalized.
- Preselect to Alternate: Once the job posting is approved and the closing date has passed, employers can review and make preselect and alternate candidate selections. Once the desired selections are made and the employer select date ends, students are notified that they have been selected for an interview and are able to log into eCONNECTION to choose an available interview timeslot.
Alternates will have the opportunity to sign up for available timeslots if the preselect candidates do not sign up in the given time frame. Important: A 6 week time period is automatically provided from the desired recruitment date for pre-selections to be finalized.
- Resume Collect: Employers may collect resumes for a particular position before deciding whether or not to set up an interview schedule date.
For Virtual Campus Recruiting Interviews, please email Shanese Valyan at smrobin2 [at] central.uh.edu.