NOTE: The electronic approval process can take up to 3-5 business days to complete. Students are strongly encouraged to submit all required paperwork accurately at least a week in advance of the desired start date to prevent approval delays.
BEFORE completing the online UH CO-OP Application and emailing required documents as ONE PDF document to the UH CO-OP office:
- Student receives and accepts a job offer through an official job offer letter. The offer letter must contain all requirements as outlined in the Offer Letter Requirements.
- Student works directly with their college Academic Advisor to obtain all required signatures on the Academic Advisor Support Form (Electronic signatures will be accepted during the COVID-19 pandemic.)
- The advisor verifies all UH CO-OP requirements are met as outlined at http://career.egr.uh.edu/students/coop. This includes verifying a student’s good academic standing in the college and the required offer letter details.
NOW, the student is ready to complete the online UH CO-OP Application and email all required documents as ONE PDF document to the UH CO-OP office:
- Student verifies all UH CO-OP application requirements are signed and complete as outlined throughout this page http://career.egr.uh.edu/students/coop.
- After verifying all requirements are met, the student scans all documents into ONE PDF document for the UH CO-OP office. (Apps like Cam Scanner and iPhone Notes allow documents to be easily scanned and emailed as one attachment).
- Student emails all required paperwork as ONE PDF document to ecareers [at] central.uh.edu for UH CO-OP approval. *Failure to properly review all requirements and submit documents accurately may delay the approval process.
- Student completes the online UH CO-OP Application.
Once the one PDF document and UH CO-OP Application are received from the student applicant, the UH CO-OP team will review the student’s major GPA requirements, university holds, and the following required application documents:
- One PDF document that includes the signed Academic Advisor Support Form, Offer Letter, Unofficial Transcript, and Resume
- The online UH CO-OP Application
- After review, a CO-OP team member will contact the student to complete the process for course enrollment and final application approval. With over 200-300 students applying to our program each semester, we thank our student applicants in advance for their continued patience while we process each application.