- Adhering to the following guidelines helps ensure a positive recruiting experience for you and our students.
- Employment professionals will supply accurate information about their organization and employment opportunities. Employing organizations are responsible for information supplied and commitment made by their representatives.
- Employment professionals will maintain equal employment opportunity (EEO) compliance and follow affirmative action principles in recruiting activities.
- Employment professionals will maintain the confidentiality of student information regardless of the source, including personal knowledge, written records/reports and computer databases.
- Employment professionals will cooperate with the policies and procedures of the Engineering Career Center , including certification of EEO compliance or exempt status under the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and will honor scheduling arrangements and recruitment commitments.
National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Definition of Third Party Recruiters: Third party agencies are organizations or individuals that recruit candidates for temporary, part time or full time employment opportunities for other organizations rather than for their own organization’s internal hiring needs. This includes entities that refer or recruit for profit or not for profit, and it includes agencies that collect student information to be disclosed to employers for purposes of recruitment and employment.
The Engineering Career Center adheres to the NACE Principles for Professional Conduct for Career Services and Employment Professionals and expects employers to do the same. These principles are available on the National Association of Colleges and Employers web site. The mission of the Engineering Career Center office at the University of Houston is to link engineering students who seek pre- and post- graduate career opportunities with employers who wish to hire them. The ECC does not provide resumes, access to student candidate information, or access to our on-line job listing service (eCONNECTION) to third parties; nor are third parties permitted to attend career fairs or schedule interviews on campus.